It’s been quite a week.
- We picked out cabinets.
- The contractors demolished an old chimney.
- Plumbing in the kitchen is done.
- The kitchen radiator got lifted up today, so we can finish the floor.
- We can see where the lights are going.
- The electrical is going in this week.
- The laundry room floor is being rebuilt this week.
So things are moving and that’s an encouragement. Emotionally we’re still doing okay as well, though…
- My son just learned the word “hate,” and thus I got my first “I hate you” from him, and it was because I wouldn’t give him a juice box. (When I pointed out that saying that over a juice box was a waste he recanted pretty fast.)
- My husband and I had our first fight about the remodel (though it was more about cleaning responsibilities than the actual remodel).
On the other side of this past week I’m still hopeful and thankful. It’s October, the best month of the year! We might not have an oven, but we’re not going hungry. My husband and I aren’t perfect at loving each other, but we DO love each other. My kids aren’t angels, but they’re growing and learning. And I’m not tired, I’m happy.
That’s a big deal.