Some exciting photos are coming to you next week, but I thought I’d get one last post in here before that happens. Here’s where we’re at:
- Cabinets are fully installed.
- The door was put in.
- I bought faucets.
- We picked out and bought a countertop.
- We picked out the floor tile.
- Countertops, sinks, and faucets go in on FRIDAY!!
- For the first time in over 3 months we’ll have running water and a dish washer!
- Flooring is being purchased and picked up next Tuesday.
- We need to pick a paint color and back splash tile.
- We need to pick a flooring for the bathroom and laundry room.
I’m all over emotionally today. On one hand, it’s sunny outside, our lives will soon be a lot more back-to-normal with running water, my birthday’s coming up, and since the kitchen will be mostly done soon we’re hosting a gathering on Christmas Eve. On the other hand, this is the busiest time of year for both my husband and me work-wise, we’re getting closer to running out of money for the remodel, and yesterday was my beloved-boss’s last day at work. Oh, and Christmas shopping, don’t forget that.
And I’m sure you’re in the same boat. So to spread some Christmas cheer, here’s a little relic from my childhood: “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” by Vince Gill.